Thursday, August 12, 2010

One more week

The more we think about doing this, the more we want to do it and do it fast!
I wish it was easier. We are planning to sell our house in Raleigh, and for that to happen we need to fix some things here and there. Also, we need to start selling some of the things that we don't need or want anymore, so for that my lovely husband asked me to make a list which is up to 25 items including my wedding dress... I know, but I'll never wear it again! So, we were thinking about selling the stuff on Craigslist or ebay, but it seams to me like we are going to have our own garage sale!
The plan is to minimize as we are thinking to rent an apartment, probably in the heart of South Carolina: "Charleston".
We absolutely love that city!, we got engaged and got married there. Also, Scott's parents, grandmother and uncle live there. We thought it would be nice to be closer to family and my mom lives in Jacksonville, Fl which is about 3 hours from Charleston.
Another very important thing about living in Charleston is that if we want to do from time to time the "Home Exchange" thing, we can! or it would be easier to find someone to go and stay in Charleston that it is to find someone to stay in Raleigh, let's be honest, there is not much to Raleigh as a city:(.
I love Raleigh, but it is not a place people want to come and spend 1 or 2 months, unfortunately!

6 comments:

  1. I can't wait to follow your journey!!! I am really happy for you guys and wish you luck every where you go (even though I want to be selfish and have my friend around :)). Garage sale??? When??? hahahahahahaha....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Fer! I'll definitely let know about the garage sale!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Virginia EcheverriaAugust 17, 2010 at 2:42 PM

    SCOTT Y BEA ME ALEGRO MUCHO QUE TIENEN ESOS PENSAMIENTOS EN CONOCER OTROS PAISES YA SABEN QUE YO LOS APOYO EN TODO Y ADELANTE A CONOCER CULTURAS,GENTE ,OTRAS COSTUMBRES Y CUENTEN CONMIGO PARA TODO QUE SE LES OFRESCA ,QUE DIOS LOS BENDIGA Y QUE SE LES REALISE SUS SUENOS LOS QUIERO MUCHO.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bea!

    I'm sad your leaving but I am happy for you guys and you both deserve it. We have to stay in touch. I heard Charleston is beautiful. So this mean my family and I will visit you there next summer. I hope. Good luck. :)

    Isabel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isabel,
    I know!! This is not going to happen tomorrow though. We are thinking next year.
    Charleston is gorgeous!!! it would be nice if you and your family can visit!!!
    See you soon,
    Bea

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gracias por tu apoyo Mom, yo se que contamos contigo. Nos vemos pronto!!!

    ReplyDelete